Test Automation Engineer
Purpose (Identify Business Need)
The Test Automation Analyst will help design, develop and implement a scalable test automation framework. This framework will support automated test script creation for applications on a variety of platforms such as Web, Mobile, desktop, etc.
· Design, Develop and maintain test automation framework using Selenium and Appium
· Design and implement modular and reusable automated testing solutions that satisfy testing requirements.
· Design and implement re-usable Automation test scripts using industry standard tools (HP QTP/UFT, SeeTest, Appium, and/or open source tool).
· Design, write, develop and execute tests for business requirements that are scalable, repeatable and measurable.
· Participate in design and development of automated test cases for Mobile and Web Applications.
· Develop optimized Selenium scripts for regression testing with various data sources, environment variables, and configuration files
· Setup, configure, and maintain the automated testing environments
· Develop various function libraries,
· Develop and maintain test scripts that automate testing of enterprise applications through the entire product life cycle
· Develop and execute project tasks and plans that meet time lines and release requirements.
· Follow testing schedule and communicate testing progress.
· Perform deliverables tracking and reporting as assigned.
· Produce reports and documentation for all automated testing efforts, results, activities, data, logging and tracking.
· Monitors progress of testing efforts to ensure deadlines are met.
Technologies Candidate Will Use:
· Selenium and Appium
· MS Project
· MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
· VB/VB Script
· C/C++ /Python/Ruby
· Java Script
· Test complete/Robot Framework
· A bachelor’s degree in Business Information technology, Information technology, Computer Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science or related courses
· Expert in Scripting languages (Jscript, VBScript). Minimum 2 years’ experience
· Skilled in the following testing toolsets: HP Suite (QTP, Service Test) , Selenium, Appium
· Knowledgeable in Automated Testing, TDD and BDD
· Strong understanding and experience working with Object Repository and Database concepts
· Experience working with framework based automation environment with TestNG, Junit etc.
· Experience working with Mobile application automation on both iOS or Android platform.
· Strong background in functional testing and software quality best practices with the ability to design and develop comprehensive automated test strategy, test cases, and test scripts.
· Strong background in reviewing business and functional requirements in order to produce a test strategy and test cases.
· Strong understanding of basic SQL queries and GUI design standards, especially as they relate to test automation object recognition
· Proficiency with programming and/or scripting and in depth understanding of object oriented design.
· Knowledge of working with version control such as GIT and CI Tools such as Jenkins
· Ability to:
o Work effectively in a group development environment
o Take initiative; be a self-starter
o Manage time efficiently
o Listen attentively and be able to grasp basic technical information
· English Language Competency and effective communication skills
o Can clearly and concisely communicate in English so that persons you work with understand you clearly, particularly in technical conversations