Senior Marketing Officer
Job Description: Role and Responsibilities
Mission: Energetic and intuitive marketing strategist with exceptional leadership and communication skills. Proven ability to identify opportunities and deliver effective strategies to generate results. Experienced in strategic marketing planning, branding, and product development. Adept in online and traditional marketing, and highly skilled in visual communications
The Senior Marketing Officer is responsible for driving the success of our products, services & brand promise in the marketplace. This person will:
- Establish effective working relationships with sales and agency leadership to ensure that our products and services are implemented through sales enablement and marketing demand generation programs
- Provide feedback into product development and service offers and participates in their development; collaborate to create, launch and track performance of product and service offerings in our markets
- Develop and deliver appropriate field sales enablement tools
- Develop, establish and maintain marketing strategies to meet organizational objectives.
- Demonstrate effective management of the marketing, advertising and promotional activities of the organization.
- Execute online and offline marketing initiatives, integrating online and new media, email, print, direct mail, social media, company websites, SEM/SEO strategy development, brand awareness and drip marketing initiatives. The ability to speak to how these channels work together is very important. Responsibilities:
- Articulate product and service offerings, key benefits and messages for use by sales and marketing
-Work with Consulting and Sales to cultivate reference accounts for products and services; identify client success stories and work with marketing to create appropriate case studies and collateral
- Create compelling marketing campaigns using strategies we encourage our clients to use to showcase our abilities to produce results (leads) - our clients use similar strategies to raise funds
- Drive campaign management for client acquisition programs across multiple channels
- Create content for corporate marketing collateral, website/blog/social media, and other initiatives
- Provide assistance on press releases, contributed articles, presentations, events, and conferences
- Internal reporting and other duties as assigned
Lead Generation & Sales Enablement
- Create effective, compelling positioning, messaging, and sales tools that are understood and used
- Stays abreast of market trends to drive topics for client webinar and whitepaper strategies
- Create sales-ready tools, including market-facing presentation content to be used by Sales to highlight benefits of our services to our clients.
- Execute marketing campaigns and analyse performance that leverage behavioural interest profiling to drive new client acquisition & sales revenue
- Responsible for all aspects of projects, including: meeting deadlines, time management, contingency planning, approval channels and procedures, budgeting, campaign analysis, and tracking / monitoring procedures
- Establish and articulate project scope, strategy and objectives to internal clients, production team and key leadership
- Manage creative production of online and offline marketing assets, graphic design, video production and web development, from the initial concept to finished product and execution
Market Research and Competitive Intelligence
- Understand the products and services offering and approach of key competitors; communicate products and services differentiation to sales and provides input to senior leadership
- Conduct various interviews, including win/loss and post-engagement client interviews/surveys to identify trends and make recommendations to senior leadership
- Conduct marketing surveys on current and new service concepts
Required Skills / Special Qualifications
- Creative thinker, excellent listener and communicator
- 7-15 years of professional marketing experience preferably in an Advertising Agency
- Skilled in direct response marketing with ability to craft integrated marketing strategies across all channels and touch points, including website, print communications, online communications and direct mail
- Intuitive, Proactive, Collaborative, Leader, Driver, Creative Problem Solver, Analytical, Versatile, and “Thrives Under Pressure” are words that describe you
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an organization comfortably. Ability to manage multiple projects with varying priority at one time –to deliver results on time and under budget.
- Experience working closely with a sales organization with a strong affinity for sales team success. Previous sales experience is a strong plus.
- Experienced with salesforce.com or similar CRM, Netsuite, Silverpop, xmPie, web conferencing tools, MS Project; expert-level proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) certified