To be part of a team responsible for creating and delivering outstanding software experiences to clients. Work with equal proficiency as part of a group and autonomously on a variety of dynamic projects with changing priorities. Develop, test and deploy new applications and services. Troubleshoot and maintain existing systems in order to keep code synced, current and accessible using source control.
- Participate in the requirement s analysis, design and development of software applications Troubleshoot and maintain existing systems
- Create Up to date with modern interactive designs and the latest trends
- Keep code synced, current and accessible using source control
- Troubleshoot and maintain existing systems
- Remain current with the web as a consumer and a producer
- Understand and debug code to fix production issues.
- Understanding of version control systems
- Responsible for developing and articulating internal built solutions or products based on strategic insight of management.
- Work with geographically dispersed teams in Kenya, Uganda, Nigeria, USA and Australia
- Responsible for developing front end applications and relevant API, including developing API modules
- Collaborate with back end developers to intercept and resolve API issues.
- Develop scalable solutions to accommodate for future growth
Qualifications and Experience
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical/ Electronics Engineering or its equivalent
- 3 - 5 years of professional experience building complex commercial, enterprise PHP and MySQL web applications
- Proven track record with PHP 5; Zend Framework, Laravel 5 (+) and working with Restful APIs
- MySQL; Experience with properly indexing tables, optimizing queries across multiple large tables and with writing complicated queries
- MSSQL; Basic experience working with MSSQL and MSSQL stored procedures (+)
- UNIX;Basic experience working from a CLI (+
- API; Experience in Paypal API, Twilio API and Payment Express API
- Ability to design and implement database graphics to support web based applications.
- Love for coding and technology, desire to learn new technologies
- Discipline to quality standards and targets; flair for high performance and scalable code
- Working knowledge of mobile platforms
- Self-managing and motivated team player
- Good communication skills and presentation skills
- Good judgment to juggle between quick-fixes and long-term solutions.
- Smart and flexible and able to work hours that overlaps with some other time zones.
- Ability to tackle new challenges