TECHNICAL SALES JOB DESCRIPTION
Close and grow sales through professional communication with existing and potential clients
Manage and interpret customer requirements – speaking with clients to understand, anticipate and meet their needs.
Ability to learn, understand and demonstrate technical concepts including IT related products and solutions
Exposure to and strong understanding of software development concepts, lifecycle and methodologies
Prior experience marketing IT services to the following sectors - banking, telcos, healthcare, and insurance
Willing and able to travel locally, regionally and internationally.
Communicate sales or service opportunities and customer concerns or suggestions
Identify and resolve client concerns; recommending a course of action to alleviate these concerns in the
Ability to learn, understand and demonstrate technical concepts including IT related
Understand and comply with established guidelines that ensure a safe and healthy work environment
Coordinates company staff to provide exemplary service to customers
Expand market awareness of our products and our industry experience by communicating features and
Benefits of our products and services effectively
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Work with the testing team to ensure customer project requirements are met
- Maintaining records of customer communications and contact information as required
- Making technical presentations, webinars
- Preparing responses to RFP (request for proposals) and RFI (request for information)
- Attending and participating in conferences and other marketing events
- Maintain awareness of pertinent client information, future plans, payment performance; communicate any client information that may affect company decisions to appropriate departments as needed
- Working knowledge of the design tools and price calculations
- Researches market requirements and market data
- Maintain knowledge of competitor products and identify and report intelligence on competitor pricing or marketing strategies
- Maintains current Company product knowledge.
- Submit a variety of sales status reports as required, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals
- Submit quarterly customer visit plans; schedule client meetings and action plans for follow-up
- Send legal documents to customers and send signed copies for filing
- Responsible for setting the customer’s expectations
• Technical background preferred
•Minimum of Bachelor’s degree
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques
• Strong presentation skills and professional appearance
• Valid driver license
•Three to Five years of proven sales or marketing experience
• Microsoft Office proficiency
• Ability to climb ladders and visit rooftops if required
• Strong organizational skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic work environment:
• Ability to go into customers’ locations and identify technical challenges and inefficiencies.
• Ability to provide solution based selling to customers.
• Work independently as well as cohesively with employees and managers as part of a team.
• Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills in order to resolve conflicts and