In this position, you will be responsible for organizing our clients’ technical projects and ensuring that all members of the operating team work efficiently. You should have an aptitude for thinking outside the box and enjoy critical thinking, organization, and overall team management. Experience within the Banking sector will be hugely beneficial.
· Review and provide feedback on all project documentations including Business Requirements Documents, System Requirements Specification documents and Functional Design documents
· Review the project plan and Plan activities for how application under test will be verified and validated
· Assist in updating Requirements Traceability Matrix that ties activities back to project documentations
· Assess and confirm that the pre-requisites for initiating the project activities. This would entail the review of; the objectives for the project & the nature of the project/product
· After project approval, assist the sponsor to create a detailed project plan and update the project cost estimate
· Schedule the project based on targets and resource availability;
· Management of the project plan (milestones, activities, key deliverables);
· Confirm adherence to best practice to project management best practice.
· Monitor progress and prepare reports for discussion with Team Leader.
· Guide project teams to deliver projects to agreed time and quality
· Maintains organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
· Directs technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
· Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments.
· Verifies application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
· Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
· Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
· Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective action.
· Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
Desired Skills & Experience
· 1+ years of experience within a project management role
· Experience with Core Banking Systems e.g. T24, Flexcube, Banking Fusion e.t.c
· Proven ability to manage complex and multiple projects with tight and conflicting deadlines - fast paced, dynamic work environment.
· Sound working knowledge of technologies and industry trends.
· Strong communication skills and the ability to successfully engender a participative process across a culturally diverse group of internal and external stakeholders.
· Strong initiative, forward thinking and creative problem-solving skills with the ability to create or stimulate customer-focused strategies.
· Strong level PC/software skills, particularly in MS Office suite and project/process design and administration tools (e.g. Visio, MS Project).