JOB TITLE : Test Automation Engineer
DEPARTMENT : QA
REPORTS TO : QA Manager
SUPERVISES : None
Oversee and perform Automated testing on all applications from the earliest opportunity and with precision before any application is deployed to production.
Communicating all test issues effectively to the QA manager. Managing the daily workload of a Tester and giving direction on projects
Participate in the test automation tool selection process; Develop and executed automated test suites using COTS and custom tools; Integrate test suites into the test management system and custom test harnesses;
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Experienced Senior QA Engineer with the ability to build automation frameworks, create test strategy, test plans, and identification of regression impact in areas of a complex fixed income asset management platform
- Produce & manage level test plans, estimate effort and resource test plans
- Monitor changes to scope during the development cycle and re-evaluate plans and resource accordingly
- Manage expectations of when testing activities will be complete mitigating risks to key milestones
- Liaise with the relevant departments to ensure key infrastructure (environments, interfaces & access) is set-up to enable all required testing activities
- Manage the UAT process by supporting clients to establish key scenarios to test their business processes to maximize benefit of the UAT process ensuring full acceptance and integration of the software solution
- Manage processes and procedures locally within the test team and with external teams across the SDLC to drive and implement improvements to optimise efficiency and first time pass rate
- Measure, develop and optimise quality of team outputs and performance.
- Build test scripts from various sources including functional specifications, technical specifications and sessions with developers and designers
- Review requirements, specifications, user documentation, help files, and other project documentation to assure quality of the products and tests to be developed; i.e., perform manual static testing.
- Select and develop appropriate test automation tools, applying the latest techniques in test automation; e.g., data-driven testing.
- Use risk-driven techniques to develop, maintain, and execute automated test suites for various Software Cafeteria products; i.e., perform automated dynamic testing.
- Execute automated tests, and validate the results.
- Work with the Development team to capture and reuse automated Unit Test Cases, Test Stubs and Drivers, and other Development test objects.
- Work with the Development team to create and maintain an automated nightly build verification (“smoke”) test.
- Ensure proper version control and configuration management of all test objects developed and test environments used.
- To facilitate in-house performance testing ensuring that all key infrastructure, data requirements are met as well as establishing the best tools for the job
- Identify key components of the system that are suitable for automation and implement approach to deliver benefits through automation
B. Results Tracking and Reporting
- Monitor defects raised by the team and challenge their prioritisation supporting to resolution.
- Manage all issues that impact on the team’s ability to complete testing activities on schedule
- Create and maintain manual test repositories and regression test packs with a view of constant optimization to improve test estimates
- Create, maintain and manage test related documentation
C. Management and Supervisory
- Provide the QA Manager with accurate and precise estimates for assigned task duration, along with confidence levels and foreseeable dependencies.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Solid background in testing throughout the SDLC.
- Experience of managing and leading teams to successfully deliver outputs in defined timeframes.
- Experienced in Manual Testing & Automated Testing at levels of Unit & System covering both Functional & Non-functional types of tests
- Have strong understanding of Test Driven Development
- Hands on experience in testing Web Services, APIs, server-side components, and cloud applications using REST
- Have strong SQL skills and be able to confidently test batch processes and use SQL to validate test results
- Have the ability to manage design issues with solutions delivered in to test to ensure delivery of software meets requirements within set deadlines
- Be able to work with little or no documentation and develop understanding of solution in order to sufficiently test solution is fit for purpose
- Strong technical skills are essential as the candidate will be required to learn and understand new applications and testing tools as they are introduced throughout the testing cycle
- Experience with one or more of the following: LoadRunner, HP ALM, Rational Robot, JMeter, Selenium, Katalon, JUnit, Webdriver, TestNG, Bamboo, TeamCity, Jenkins, JMeter, LoadRunner, QTP, WinRunner, SilkTest etc.
- Experience with and understanding of OO concepts and programming languages such as Java, Springboot, XML, C++ and C#
- Good understanding of object oriented programming, J2EE architecture, .NET, Microservices, queues etc
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple, diverse projects simultaneously
- Must be flexible, independent and self-motivated
- Punctual, Regular and consistent attendance
- ISTQB Foundation Level Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Related field