Responsible for managing and supporting the organization enterprise network.
Diligent and meticulous with the ability to identify problems and come up with
solutions can help in ensuring that network runs smoothly and secured.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage day-to-day network infrastructure
• Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and
latency) and test for weaknesses.
• Oversee troubleshooting for system errors
• Fully support, configure, maintain and upgrade enterprise networks and in
house active devices.
• Ensure network security and connectivity
• Define network policies and procedures
• Assess the company’s need for any and all computing technology and make
appropriate recommendations for purchases and upgrades.
• Connect all relevant technology to the network with secure protocols.
• Deploy and roll out updates and upgrades in a minimally disruptive way.
• Create training and educational materials to ensure that users understand
security protocols, connection procedures, and other necessary information.
• Monitor the performance of the network using analytical data to seek problems
• Proactively seek changes or upgrades that can improve the network in a way
that adds to the business’s efficiency.
• Maintain information security for sensitive data.
• Create and update documentation as required.REQUIREMENTS
• Proven experience in a network administrator and network security role.
• Hands on experience in networking, routing, switching and security
• Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and
monitoring of enterprise network infrastructure
• Experience with firewalls (Cisco ASA, Cisco Firepower, Cisco ISE & Palo-Alto),
Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem
• Ability to set up, configure and integrate network hardware
• Familiarity with enterprise network management solutions e.g. SolarWinds
• BSc degree in Computer Science or related field. Preferably CCNP Certified.
• Ability to read, analyse and interpret technical instructions and manuals.
• Familiarity with Enterprise technologies.
• Knowledge of Network Security.
• Able to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
• Having keen attention to detail whilst at the same time able to see the big
• Strong planning and organizational skills.
• Ability to communicate in an understandable, polite and friendly manner.