JOB PURPOSE STATEMENT
To implement product and process improvement initiatives within the bank for optimum value (efficiency and
effectiveness), in line with the bank’s strategic objectives.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & PERCENTAGE (%) TIME SPENT
- Business Analysis – Manage and execute the Business Analysis effort during the entire project lifecycle. This entails understanding the business needs and project objectives then defining Business requirement documents (BRDs) and Use Cases. (50%
- Business Improvement Implementation – Participate in business process reviews and support continuous improvement of bank systems and processes across all channels to ensure that the bank has the appropriate platform and capabilities for delivery of strategy. (20%)
- Quality Assurance and Testing – Lead the testing and user acceptance process to ensure solutions are successfully implemented and meet client/business requirements. Manage specific application quality assurance and help desk activities including the tracking of bug reports, change requests and ensuring their timely resolution. (20%)
- Reporting – Ensure that process improvement initiatives and testing activities are being tracked and reported on a regular basis. (10%)
- Undertake process reviews and lead business process re-engineering initiatives.
- Document business requirements and use cases.
- Prepare Test Strategy documents and Test Sign-offs, while supporting the business in preparation of Test Cases aligned to the Business Requirements Document.
- Working with the product and process owners, continuously evaluate the performance of the products and processes against set standards and make proposals for improvement.
- Ensure standards are adhered to in the designing and implementation of processes and systems so as to reduce operational risk and customer complaints arising thereof.
- Analyze system changes for consistency with business process performance objectives and operational risks and make proposals to the Unit head.
- Interpersonal skills to create and maintain relevant business networks; and to effectively communicate with and manage stakeholders who impact performance.
- Quality Orientation to effectively perform assigned activities/tasks in a manner that consistently achieves high quality standards or benchmarks.
- Good understanding of key Bank products to enable business process re-engineering
- Knowledge of relevant banking policies, processes, procedures and guidelines to achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks.
- Self-empowerment to enable development of open communication, teamwork and trust that are needed to support performance and customer-service oriented culture.
- Speaks clearly, fluently and in a compelling manner to both individuals and groups.
-Able to create rapport with others and develop effective communication and team spirit with colleagues.
- Writes in a clear and concise manner, using appropriate grammar, style and language for the reader.
- Strong Planning and organizing skills to effectively organize and schedules events and activities and resources.
- Sets up and monitors timescales and plans.
- University degree – Upper 2nd Class or 3.0 GPA.
- A minimum of 1 -2 years working experience .
- Project Management, Business Analysis and/or Process Improvement certification an advantage.
- Proficiency in office automation, banking technologies and MS Projects.
- Experience in Financial Services an added advantage.