Performance Test role is responsible for creation of performance test scripts and conducting required performance tests on the system under test. This includes assisting the Performance Engineering Team Lead in creation of various deliverables required during performance engineering from requirements gathering to final report preparation, including helping in analyzing the performance test results.
- Conduct proof of concept to identify the appropriate tools/protocols for scripting of the application.
- Develop Performance testing scripts (preferably using LoadRunner), conduct executions and analyze performance testing results.
- Participate in test planning and execution for Performance engineering projects.
- Assist in the preparation and review of final deliverables including the overall findings and recommendations of performance engineering projects.
- Ensure compliance with PE standards for scripting, storage and results reporting
- Provide daily results report and status to the PE lead in standardized formats
- Maintain testing standards and procedures and work with the application developer to develop common test data
- Prepare and execute test scripts, certify test results, ensure appropriate monitoring is in place, and record problems and issues in accordance with the problem and issue management plans
- Validate product fixes and escalate issues that may affect the schedule, budget, or quality of the product or the testing process
- Participate in the test defect resolution process; this includes facilitating defect reviews and reporting test execution status
- Escalate any risks and/or un-resolvable issues in a timely manner
- Responsible for driving the resolution of issues as best as they can to ensure minimal impact to the schedule and reduce delays
- Conduct job trainings and provide assistance to Junior/Entry Level Performance Test Engineers as needed.
- Well trained resource with experience in:
Only candidates with the listed skills will be contacted for further discussion.
- Creating performance test scripts,
- Scenario design, execution and results analysis using Microfocus Load Runner.
- Exposure and working acumen of performance tools such as JMeter, NeoLoad, MS VSTS, SoapUI, SOASTA, CA LISA, Parasoft,
- Exposure with diagnostic tools such as Dynatrace, AppDynamics, New Relic, ELK (Kibana/Grafana).
- Ability to communicate clearly with technical and nontechnical audience (written and verbally).
- Desirable to have comprehensive understanding of application architecture.
- Proficient in fundaments of testing
- Test automation skills using Selenium, Katalon etc
- API testing skills, using POSTMAN etc
- Ability to undertake end-to-end manual testing
- Capacity to train in a structured and immersive manner.