You will be required to work with agreed brief with client, creative director or account manager, and responsible to develop appropriate creative ideas and concepts for the client's objectives.
The work demands creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry software and a professional approach to time, costs and deadlines.
Typical activities include:
- Manage client proposals from typesetting through to design, print and production
- Work with clients, briefing and advising them with regard to design style, format, print production and timescales
- Develop concepts, graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and websites
- Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and font style and size
- Prepare rough drafts of material based on an agreed brief
- Review final layouts and suggesting improvements if required
- Meet with clients or the digital team to determine the scope of a project
- Advise clients on strategies to reach a particular audience
- Determine the message the design should portray
- Create images that identify a product or convey a message
- Develop graphics for product illustrations, logos, and websites
- Select colors, images, text style, and layout
- Present the design to clients or the digital agency team.
- Incorporate changes recommended by the clients into the final design
- Review designs for errors before printing or publishing them
- A degree in graphic design is advantageous although other art and design subjects will be accepted.
- You will need work experience and a portfolio of work to show employers.
- Good knowledge of design software, such as Quark Xpress, In Design or Illustrator plus photo-editing software, such as Photo Shop.
Note: This role is an initial contract of 6months and renewal will be based upon satisfactory performance
- Excellent IT skills, especially with design and photo-editing software
- Exceptional creativity and innovation
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- An understanding of the latest trends and their role within a commercial environment
- Professional approach to time, costs and deadlines