QA Test Lead
Digital Products Services
Fort Mill, SC
We are looking for a QA Test Lead to work as part of the Digital Products and Services Team. Team members are responsible for securely managing information systems throughout their lifecycle, including knowing what information systems are within their scope of responsibility, understanding what sensitive data is stored, transmitted, or processed on those information systems, enforcing the security principles of least privilege and least functionality, knowing what events may constitute a cybersecurity incident, and understanding their role in security incident response activities. The Testing Lead is responsible for leading the overall facilitation and execution of the testing strategy for the program. These responsibilities include areas such as: scheduling and management of testing assignments, program testing status, defect tracking, and measurement reporting. This role will lead large, complex, and strategic testing initiatives that span across multiple departments.
4 Year / Bachelors Degree is required
Minimum 4 years Test Coordinator in an Information Technology environment. Minimum two years Test Lead or Project Lead in an Information Technology environment is required.
Minimum ten years overall experience in Information Technology and experience working in a non-automated or manual testing environment is required.
Type (ex NP, RN, CMA) Preferred not Required
Certified Software Tester (CSTE) Required
International Software Testing Qualification Board (ISTQB) Required
US Work Aunthorisation Required
Additional Skills/Requirements (required)
• Thorough understanding of testing/QA techniques, practices, and processes. Experience with planning and leading QA efforts for a program or large complex projects. Prior experience with development or testing of healthcare information systems. Thorough knowledge of the System Development Life Cycle process. Prior experience managing large, complex, testing efforts crossing multiple departments. Excellent communication skills (written & verbal) both internally to the project team and leadership. Ability to provide necessary support to the gathering and writing of accurate, complete test materials. Strong business analysis skills for capturing business/clinical scenarios and translating them into test cases and scripts. Detail oriented with strong analytical skills with an ability to organize and communicate thoughts clearly. Acts as a catalyst to resolve project testing issues and conflicts encountered by team members. Relationship management skills that include excellent listening and consultative abilities, as well as the ability to establish credible relationships with business partners to drive change. Proficient in Microsoft Office tools, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio. Ability to mentor other test coordinators as needed.
• Testing Strategy: Facilitate definition of the program’s testing strategy. Work with project leaders
and team members to identify the key testing goals for the program. Outline the necessary types of
testing required to successfully demonstrate the information system meets quality criteria. Document the required resources to accomplish the testing work, including human resources, environments, information systems, 3rd party vendors, testing tools, etc. Gain alignment from all key stakeholders on the strategy. Maintain changes to the strategy and related communications.
• Testing Methodology: Adapts, defines, and communicates testing methodology. Applies and adapts (as appropriate) the ITS testing methodology, tools, and templates. Provides process improvement input to ITS best practices and standards for testing processes, procedures, and documentation. Effectively communicate testing methods to the program team. Coordinate adaption of testing methodology with the ITS PMO and Internal Audit.
• Testing Schedule: Develop detailed program testing schedules and manage program testing tasks against the approved program schedules. Develop program testing work plans, schedules, estimates, resource plans and status reports. Execute the tasks as defined in the testing schedule in order to achieve the program goals. Establish and track program deliverables and milestones. Communicate the testing schedule to ensure a common understanding, in order to align the stakeholders and team members.
• Project Financials: Support the development of project financials. Assist the Program Manager with estimation of testing-related project costs, including labor, environments, testing tools, and other items.
• Testing Status: Effectively communicate program testing status. Develop program level metrics and reporting. Write clear and concise status reports that are an accurate reflection of the current state of testing for the program. Conduct Test status meetings.
• Testing Facilitation: Facilitate planning and execution of all forms of testing. Develop program test plans to perform System Integration Testing (SIT), User Acceptance Testing (UAT), and Disaster Recovery (DR) Testing and other phases of testing as defined in the Test Plan. Ensure testing is executed and documented according to guidelines and standards. Ensure traceability of test scripts to project requirements. Develops test plans in conjunction with project team members that define test scope, responsibilities, schedule, requirements, objectives and ensures test coverage and release quality. Responsible for the integrity of test plans, data, environment, etc., as well as coordination with supporting areas. Collaborates with project managers, application managers, analysts, testing coordinators and others on the team to ensure changes are understood, test cases and scripts are fully defined; ensure all testing activity accounted for in the program plan. Ensures overall deliverable quality by monitoring project testing progress and providing direction regarding compliance of quality standards.
• Testing Risk Management: Identify and manage program testing risks and issues. Identify and analyze program risks starting at Testing Planning and continuing through completion of all phases of testing. Implement approved actions and workarounds required to mitigate program risk events in order to minimize the impact of the risks on the project. Communicate and escalate program issues as they occur and ensure proper ownership. Participate in and lead the analysis and resolution of issues.
• Interpersonal Communication: Demonstrate effective interpersonal communications skills. Understand how to communicate difficult or sensitive information tactfully. Engage in active listening, taking time to understand the points being made, and asking questions when appropriate, and allowing others to speak without interrupting them. Communicate information and ideas so others will understand.
• Leadership: Demonstrate effective leadership skills while leading the testing program. Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships. Inspire loyalty and trust, handling oneself ethically following core values and beliefs. Improve team performance by building team cohesiveness, leading, mentoring, training, and motivating in order to facilitate cooperation, ensure project efficiency, and boost morale. Manage multiple testing projects
simultaneously. Manage large and complex testing projects and programs.
• Project Management Methodology: Comply with it's project management methodology. Ensure testing documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately. Effectively apply the company's methodology and enforce project standards. Manage testing activities according to the PMO success criteria guidelines. Pass project audits conducted by internal PMO, as well as internal and external audit teams.