- Define and develop application code according to business needs
- Ensures proper documentation of every aspect of application implementations including setup and maintain records, software updates, and changes to the applications.
- Ensure all development conforms to standard system development life cycle plan in line with agile methodologies and principles.
- Drive continuous improvements
- Understand and maintain existing windows/web applications.
- Provide 3rd level support for existing applications.
- Application documentation
- Check-in code into source control
- Deploy programs and evaluate user feedback
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- Ensure software is updated with latest features
- Design User interfaces that improve user experience for both existing and new applications.
- Participate in requirements review sessions
- Engage external Developers during integration.
Required Skills and Competencies
- A good degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, or Computer Engineering with a least 2 years cognate experience in a financial sector.
- Good understanding of Object Oriented Programming
- Good knowledge of development frameworks and application architecture. Agile background is an added advantage.
- Good understanding of programming languages (C#)
- Knowledgeable in Systems Network
- Have strong knowledge of relational database (SQL& Oracle e.t.c)
- Initiative/ Entrepreneurship/ taking ownership
- Analytical Skills/ Problem solving
- Interpersonal Skills
- Oral & Written Communication skills