Senior Program Manager
We are looking for a dynamic Senior IT Program Manager to drive the development and implementation of Group Banking and Financial Services program initiatives. The ideal candidate will be responsible for leading all Borrow technology initiatives while collaborating with senior business leaders, functional leaders, and employees to understand needs, map current states, solution future states and deploy sustainable processes.
The primary focus of this role while reporting directly to the Group CIO Banking and Financial Services is to ensure on time and on budget delivery of Borrow projects. You may also be called upon to participate in cross functional strategic projects across the business and operations.
The Senior Program Manager will lead project teams and is responsible for enforcing best practices within the teams, ensuring adherence to company policies and procedures, compliance requirements; while mentoring and growing the skill set of the team.
- Plan and take responsibility for the overall program objectives - provide project management and direction to ensure overall success of program & portfolio by developing program implementation plans including scope of individual initiatives, goals, scheduling, and defined deliverables.
- Define program success criteria, in collaboration with project sponsors and stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate program expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve program goals.
- Proactively manage full life-cycle of assigned Technology initiatives, including overall program plan, scope, change
control, risks, issues, impacts, and reporting through standardization and best practice program implementation.
- Develop full-scale program plans and associated communications documents.
- Collaborate to develop, and appropriately executes, a communication strategy, including stakeholder analysis, ongoing Communications, and adoption plans.
- Capture/analyze and draft information into meaningful MI reports for senior management, stakeholders, team reporting and presentation purposes - determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, troubleshoot problem areas and deliver overall progress reports to senior management.
- Negotiate with department managers, when necessary, regarding the support of required personnel within the organization to ensure individual project continuity through completion. Act as the Business Change interface and escalation point for all program issues/concerns/actions.
- Engage collaboratively with stakeholders to ensure appropriate prioritization of delivery.
- Ensure Program and Project Governance is observed including adherence to defined operational acceptance procedures and testing/approval process.
- Ensure quality Assurance for Audit, Risk and Governance across all the projects in the Program portfolio.
- Guide and govern suppliers for Program related activities ensuring they understand and adopt Group agreed standards and architectures along with adhering to policy and procedures.
- Work across all in-Country functions and act as an interface point between business and Technology.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise projects team members and influence them to take positive action and accountability for assigned work.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Deciding and initiating action
- Learning and researching
- Relating and networking
- Adapting and responding to change
- Persuading and influencing
- Strong written and oral communication skill
Minimum Knowledge & Skills
- Subject matter expert (SME) in all aspects of project management and applicable business functions
- Demonstrable analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Established critical analysis skills
- Knowledge of SDLC Principles and Practices
- Knowledge of project management best practices
- Knowledge of banking and IT practices (Solid)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and especially MS Project is a MUST
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited institution
- PMP qualification or equivalent Project Management certification
- Strong familiarity with project management software - MUST be able to demonstrate competency with MS Project 2010+.
- Eight (8+) years’ experience and exposure to the Banking/ICT Industry
- Ten (10+) years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution
- Good understanding of ITIL processes and associated concepts.
- Demonstrable communication and presentation experience
- Solid experience in project financial management – budget preparation and managing to budget.
- Must be able to work under pressure, take clear ownership of issues and projects and drive to ensure a successful closure for the customer, peers, and stakeholders.
- Experience of financial services is a must.