: A performance test engineer's primary responsibility is the creation and maintenance of performance test plans, utilizing JMeter load testing software to inject load, analyzing metrics from application and system logs, and simulating system behavior to improve the performance and reliability of applications.
Performance test engineers or performance testers play a critical role in the execution of performance testing. They are responsible for designing, implementing, and supporting performance testing systems and strategies. Therefore, they ensure that the application doesn’t misbehave under changing user load and that no bugs or errors reach the end-users. The incumbent of this role will be assigned to our client in the telecommunications industry.
- Work closely with clients to understand technology requirements for key projects.
- Evaluate application architectures and design performance test plans.
- Establish performance test objectives, acceptance criteria, workload profiles and use case scenarios.
- Measure and analyze performance test data (workload, system and application) and coordinate with DevOps team for bug fixes.
- Solve complex problems and provide clear and concise reports with recommendations.
- Work closely with DevOps teams to test products, & services under load, conduct system performance testing.
- Recommend/establish performance testing benchmarks for systems, applications and services.
- Make recommendations to improve performance, reliability and stability based on established benchmarks.
- Analyze root causes of performance issues and recommend corrective actions.
- Suggest new tools and techniques to improve testing efficiency.
- Assist in project planning, scheduling, budgeting and tracking activities.
- Provide support in project design, development and deployment activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or any related.
- 2-4 years' experience as a performance test engineer.
- Strong self-driven collaborator with ability to work in diverse teams as a contributing member.
- Experience on Public Cloud (Google Cloud or AWS)
- Comprehensive understanding of Linux (Unix) performance principles, metrics, commands and scripting language.
- Expert skills in one or more load testing tools (e.g., JMeter, LoadRunner, SOAPUI, Microsoft Visual Studio, Selenium, etc.)
- Proven data analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Basic understanding of SQL
- Good command in English (Must be able to communicate effectively in spoken and written English)