Software Test Analyst
The Test Analyst will assists project test team in analyzing requirements and data, documenting test cases and executing the test cases related to assigned projects, identification and documentation of defects, reporting of test status, and perform day-to-day tasks of the software testing process.
- Review the BRD, the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM), and design document and ensure they are understood
- Participate in creation of Test Plans
- Perform and adhere to what is outlined in the Test Strategy and Test Plan.
- Create test cases that trace back to requirements and design
- Perform a smoke test of the environment to ensure it is setup accurately to test against
- Prepare test data to use during execution
- Execute test cases, record results and report progress
- Effectively record defects that are easily communicated and understood.
- Incorporate changes that are made back into that applications’ testing documentation.
- Re-use existing testing documentation for new projects/releases.
- Incorporate test results and changes/defects into test case
- Execute according to the test schedule and escalate if deviations are foreseen or occur.
- Identify and recommend process improvements as necessary.
- Equivalency of a bachelor’s degree in a related field (information systems, computer science, business)
- Min 5 years in a Test Analyst role
- Interpersonal skills, to facilitate creation of test cases
- Organizational skills to manage a wide array of testing information
- Proven experience in execution of software testing solutions.
- Strong knowledge of system testing and software quality control best practices and methodologies.
- Application/business domain knowledge is desirable. This may be readily available with the resource or would need to be developed.
- Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Detail-oriented individual who can be relied on to produce accurate deliverables
- Self-motivated, independent worker
Software Testing Tools
- Test Management Tools e.g., SpiraTeam, TestRail
- Defect Management Tool e.g., JIRA, Mantis, Bugzilla