A service delivery manager is in charge of ensuring that services are delivered to the clients of a business in an efficient manner. They are in charge of a number of activities, including project team leadership, quality issues resolution, progress monitoring, tracking KPIs, and managing budgets. A service delivery manager plays a vital role in boosting the user experience by ensuring the smooth delivery of top-notch services that meet and exceed customer demands.
Duties, Responsibilities & Key Performance Indicators
- Ensure engagement at least 3 times a week with the client’s Project Management office.
- Track the current capacity strength of the TAAS team and measure them against all Q1 and Q2 activity to determine if to increase the resource capacity.
- The DM is responsible for driving change request initiatives.
- ·Track overall output of the testing team in alignment to the KPIs agreed upon by the client.
- Work with HR Business Partner to assist the onboarding process (going forward) of all new resources for the client including the following: Building Access, System Access, VPN Access, Voice and Data Access
- Work with HR Business Partner to ensure that all resources are at their designated workstation during work hours.
- Manage change request orders from end to end.
- Communicate resource needs to Tezza HR.
- Process optimization.
- Monitor resource allocation to spot gaps and track output with KPIs.
- Monitor relationship with the PMO and sensitize them to keep to the outlined Work In-Take Process.
- Ensure PMO adheres to proper escalation pathway.
- Monitor resource allocation tool and pipeline.
- Serve new intakes a testing policy to agree to and sign off.
- Maintain governance and documentation repository for IPs.
- Track 90-day game plan gap analysis and optimize reports for daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Ensure weekly, monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual communication to the board and the client’s executives.
- Prepare and publish bi-weekly report trends to management.
- Plan, prepare and carry out presentations, seminars and sensitization sessions to drive stakeholder adoption.
Relationship & Human Resource Management
- Oversee human resources, including hiring, performance evaluation, training, and mentoring of resources.
- Fostering deep relationships with horizontal and vertical team (and stakeholders) to promote efficient departmental communication.
- The Delivery Manager should ensure that he monitors and aligns all operational processes of the domains under him to the clients SLA.
- He ensures that all processes be reviewed, optimized and standardized by all key stakeholders.
- Developing a thorough grasp of projects in order to acquire insight into the extent of service delivery.
- Assuming responsibility for critical incidents, working with relevant stakeholders to resolve issues, and ensuring effective communication among them for post-incident monitoring.
- Analyzing internal and external procedures, and developing plans for optimizing service delivery Business
- The Delivery Manager works with the TaaS Manager the drive strategy across the following pillars to enable business transformation.
- People: partaking in the interview process using domain knowledge of the client and professional requirements of the job to assess potential resources.
- Process: drive adoption and optimization of all processes for project execution across all domains under him.
- Platform: Drive automation using various tools after critical research of the clients needs while opening new opportunities for Tezza.
- The DM should be able to oversee, coordinate and communicate the following reports to the client on a periodic basis.
- Trend Report
- Forecasting Report
- Weekly Report
- Insight Report
- Monthly Report
- Quarterly Report
- Risk Report
- Half-year and Annual Report
Academic & Professional Requirements
- BSc / BA in business administration, business analysis, project management, delivery management or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of senior -level leadership, capacity building and management
- Strong Project and people manager skills with a proven track record
- Expert level written and verbal communications skills.
- Exceptional relationship management and networking skills
- Certification in ITIL 4 is a plus.
- Impressive and practical understanding of risk management
- Solid resource planning and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work, management, assign and allocate resources.
- Familiarity of the Telco space is an added advantage.
- Strong stakeholder management and engagement skills.
- Ability to track tasks to completion.
- Capacity to train and guide junior team members
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks efficiently
- Readiness to demonstrate a proactive attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Software Testing and the technology space end to end is an advantage.